Adirondack Traveler Information
We look forward to welcoming you to the Adirondacks and are committed to ensuring that every experience is the best and safest it can be.
The safety of our residents, visitors, and our environment is always our top priority. Each person who visits the Adirondacks leaves an impact. Please review these resources to ensure you're ready to visit responsibly.
It is important to remember to show love and care for this amazing natural wonderland. Going on an all-day adventure? Remember to pack the right gear. Going somewhere new? Prepare by doing plenty of research before you go, and familiarize yourself with the map and weather. This is the perfect time to learn about Leave No Trace and take the Love Your ADK pledge. You can help preserve our wild spaces for generations.
- Follow the Leave No Trace 7 Principles
- Hiking 101 - The 10 essentials
- Paddling 101 - The essentials & more
- Waste 101 - It's more than just litter
Health and safety
At this time, New York State has no COVID-19 travel restrictions or quarantine requirements if you are healthy and visiting from another state.
- Face Masks - While face masks are no longer required, New York State businesses have the right to request that you wear a mask. Please be respectful.
- Monitor symptoms - If you are not feeling well, please stay home and rest. If any symptoms develop, travelers must immediately self-isolate.
- Please come vaccinated, thank you.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
Make a plan before you go
To ensure you have the most up-to-date information, it is important to check directly with the specific restaurant, lodging property, attraction, etc., that you want to visit. Please note that many of our area attractions are requiring advanced ticket purchasing and reservations.
Kindness is the Adirondack way
The world is understaffed and so are we. Please be patient with all of those who are working hard to provide the welcoming, laid-back experience the Adirondacks are so well known for. Remember, kindness can move mountains. Thank you.
Transportation and safety
- Be kind - share the road! Whether you are cycling or driving, we know you want to enjoy your time here to be safe.
- Share the road, ride and drive responsibly, and everyone wins.
- Planning to hike? Take one of the free hiker shuttles and remove the stress of trying to find a parking spot.
Be in the know!
Download the latest edition of the Insider and access the upcoming events schedule, important notices, and more!
- Check out the region "Insider" emails to see what businesses are offering:
- Lake Placid Preview / Sign Up
- Adirondack Experience (Hamilton County): Preview / Sign Up
- Adirondack Hub Region: Preview / Sign Up
- Lake Champlain Region: Preview / Sign Up
- Lake Placid/High Peaks Region: Preview / Sign Up
- Saranac Lake Region: Preview / Sign Up
- Tupper Lake Region: Preview / Sign Up
- Whiteface Region: Preview / Sign Up