Adirondack Traveler Information
We look forward to welcoming you to the Adirondacks and are committed to ensuring that every experience is the best and safest it can be.
The safety of our residents, visitors, and our environment is always our top priority. Each person who visits the Adirondacks leaves an impact. Please review these resources to ensure you're ready to visit responsibly.
It is important to remember to show love and care for this amazing natural wonderland. Going on an all-day adventure? Remember to pack the right gear. Going somewhere new? Prepare by doing plenty of research before you go, and familiarize yourself with the map and weather. This is the perfect time to learn about Leave No Trace and take the Love Your ADK pledge. You can help preserve our wild spaces for generations.
- Follow the Leave No Trace 7 Principles
- Winter Preparedness
- Paddling 101 - The essentials & more
- Waste 101 - It's more than just litter
Make a plan before you go
To ensure you have the most up-to-date information, it is important to check directly with the specific restaurant, lodging property, attraction, etc., that you want to visit. Please note that many of our area attractions are requiring advanced ticket purchasing and reservations.
Be in the know!
Download the latest edition of the Insider and access the upcoming events schedule, important notices, and more!
- Check out the region "Insider" emails to see what businesses are offering:
- Lake Placid Preview / Sign Up
- Adirondack Experience (Hamilton County): Preview / Sign Up
- Adirondack Hub Region: Preview / Sign Up
- Lake Champlain Region: Preview / Sign Up
- Lake Placid/High Peaks Region: Preview / Sign Up
- Saranac Lake Region: Preview / Sign Up
- Tupper Lake Region: Preview / Sign Up
- Whiteface Region: Preview / Sign Up